What does an actual Server cost?
Small Businesses with no more than 10 users can pick up a starter Server for around £1250+VAT + Installation costs.
For this the specification of the Server would be something like this.
- Dell Tower Server Case
- 3.1Ghz Processor (4x Core / 8Mb Cache)
- 16Gb RAM
- 2x 500Gb Hard Drives (RAID 1)
- Windows Small Business Server 2011 with Exchange 2010
Installation costs are around £580 – £840+VAT
Benefits of a Server
- Create users and email groups
- Add folder permissions to relevant staff folders
- Sync contacts, calendars and emails across multiple devices, i.e. laptops, PC’s and mobile devices
- Remote access to emails, documents and software (i.e. sage)
- Central backup location